I’m Sage, and I teach swing ukulele.
Ukulele Swing School’s Academy
Twice a month, we meet online for a lighthearted workshop session to help you get in the swing of things and refine your playing. We’ll cover crucial uke technique while having fun playing jazz standards and those lesser-played gems from the 1920’s-40’s. Let’s exponentially expand your jazz uke repertoire and get you in the swing of things.
Your uke is a time machine.
Let’s take it to the jazz age. Ready to get some expert teaching and start to really swing your uke?
During the workshops you’ll have the opportunity to step into the spotlight and get feedback from me on your playing. You’ll get personalized, expert attention. We’ll get your playing sounding utterly divine and swinging.
Not only that, you can send me video or audio recordings of your playing through email or WhatsApp. I’ll give personalized feedback that will help refine your uke technique and make your playing shine. Or, share your playing in the student group, where I not only listen with an analytical and supportive ear, but also share vintage music playlists and other ephemera.
You’ll have the video replays of the workshops, access to all course resources, and you can soak up hot jazz ukulele swing techniques even if you can’t make it to the live Zoom call.
For as long as your membership is active, you’ll have access to all workshop video replays, course material, charts, song sheets, and other course resources.
Oh, and when you join the Academy, you also get access to absolutely everything in the Lesson Library! What a deal!
Reasons you should join the Academy
- before the workshop, you’ll get an email from me containing all the materials you’ll need for that lesson, including chord charts, song sheets, reference tracks to listen to, etc.
- get personalized feedback on your playing from me during the workshop
- you can ask me questions live
- access to the student WhatsApp group which is where:
- you can share examples of your playing and successes
- I share vintage music playlists and we can nerd out together
- we share ideas, song suggestions, and shape where the next lessons are headed
- listening recommendations: links to my favorite versions of these tunes
- easy access to all materials used in each lesson
- including songsheets, sheet music, or tablature
- chord charts
- reference tracks
- video playthroughs
- access to absolutely everything in the Lesson Library — whoa
- between workshops, you can ask for guidance or feedback through email or WhatsApp
- you’ll have access to video replays of each workshop, so you’ll never miss a lesson
- your commitment is short-term: each month, you get to decide if you want to continue the workshops — if not, canceling is a breeze
What are students saying?
Want some more logistical details?
But what if I miss a workshop?
No worries! Each lesson is recorded, so if you’re unable to make it to one, there’s no stress. For as long as you are a member, you’ll be able to access all the workshops that have ever been held (since August 2023).
What’s the schedule?
We meet for an hour and a half on Zoom on these Tuesdays at 6pm Berlin time (That’s 9am LA, Noon NYC)
August 22, 29
September 12, 19
October 10, 24
November 7, 21
December 5, 19
January 9, 23
If I ever need to reschedule, I’ll reach out via WhatsApp and find the best option.
You can cancel at any time! So you don’t need to be worried about committing to the workshops long-term. Try it out for a month, and if you’re not totally happy with them, you can stop your membership before the next automatic payment comes through.
Things you will need for the workshops:
- A computer with a webcam
- A good internet connection
- Your ukulele
Get swinging! Sign up now.
Take your ukulele playing to the next level.
Still have questions? Contact me.
I’m so looking forward to seeing you in the workshops.