Sign up for online swing ukulele lessons today
What you get
- two live 90-minute online ukulele workshops per month
- archived recordings of all workshops ever given: instant access to over 20 hours of ukulele lessons
- over 40 bite-sized video lessons in the Lesson Library archives that contain essential ukulele swing and jazz techniques
- detailed ukulele teaching for over 25 classic swing and jazz songs
- personalized advice from a ukulele teacher with over 14 years teaching experience
The above button will invite you to register for the site. Upon registration, you’ll be able to pay for the course and access all your ukulele lessons!
Ukulele Swing Academy at Ukulele Swing School
Twice a month, we meet online for a lighthearted workshop session to help you get in the swing of things and refine your playing. We’ll cover crucial uke technique while having fun playing jazz standards and those lesser-played gems from the 1920’s-40’s. Let’s exponentially expand your jazz uke repertoire and get you in the swing of things.
Your uke is a time machine.
Let’s take it to the jazz age. Ready to get some expert teaching and start to really swing your uke?
During the workshops you’ll have the opportunity to step into the spotlight and get feedback from me on your playing. You’ll get personalized, expert attention. We’ll get your playing sounding utterly divine and swinging.
Not only that, you can send me video or audio recordings of your playing through email or WhatsApp. I’ll give personalized feedback that will help refine your uke technique and make your playing shine. Or, share your playing in the student group, where I not only listen with an analytical and supportive ear, but also share vintage music playlists and other ephemera.
You’ll have the video replays of the workshops, access to all course resources, and you can soak up hot jazz ukulele swing techniques even if you can’t make it to the live Zoom call.
For as long as your membership is active, you’ll have access to all workshop video replays, course material, charts, song sheets, and other course resources.
Oh, and when you join the Academy, you also get access to absolutely everything in the Lesson Library! What a deal!
Reasons you should join the Academy
- two live, 1.5 hour long workshops over Zoom per month
- before the workshop, you’ll get an email from me containing all the materials you’ll need for that lesson, including chord charts, song sheets, reference tracks to listen to, etc.
- over 18 hours of recorded workshops in the archives
- detailed ukulele teaching for over 25 classic swing and jazz songs in the archives
- get personalized feedback on your playing from me during the workshop
- you can ask me questions live during the Zoom workshops
- access to the student WhatsApp group which is where:
- you can share examples of your playing and successes
- I share vintage music playlists and we can nerd out together
- we share ideas, song suggestions, and shape where the next lessons are headed
- request the next songs that we’ll cover in lessons
- listening recommendations: links to my favorite versions of these tunes
- easy access to all materials used in each lesson
- including songsheets, sheet music, or tablature
- chord charts
- reference tracks
- video playthroughs
- access to absolutely everything in the Lesson Library — that means over 40 bite-sized video ukulele lessons — whoa
- between workshops, you can ask for guidance or feedback through email or WhatsApp
- you’ll have access to video replays of each workshop, so you’ll never miss a lesson
- your commitment is short-term: each month, you get to decide if you want to continue the workshops — if not, canceling is a breeze
What are students saying?
Sage is so super professional as a ukulele teacher — I’m honestly impressed!—Margreth
Sage is such a good teacher! Friendly and professional, she always has enjoyable teaching material and often inquires as to what I would like to practice, including me in the teaching process. With absolutely zero background in music, I was proud to call myself a musician and a ukulelist after a few lessons only. I fondly look forward to our weekly lessons and I highly recommend Sage to anyone who would like to start playing such a fun and enjoyable instrument!—Pierrick
Sage’s sound is so authentic to the era, it could be coming out an old Victrola minus the crackling and pops!—Shaun
What songs can I find in the archives?
Oh so many classic and unsung heroes of the swing, jazz, and Americana variety, and the list is always growing. Read on for more.
Can you teach me chord melody on the uke?
Why yes, and here are some of the numbers already in the archives:
- Avalon, 1920
- Any Time, Clarence Williams, 1928
- Wildwood Flower, The Carter Family, 1928
- Hanalei Moon
- If I Had You, 1928
- Freight Train, Elizabeth Cotten, 1912
Can you help me improve my strumming?
Of course! Here are some lessons in the archives to get you singing and strumming:
- I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire, The Ink Spots, 1938
- Lovesick Blues, yes, the Hank Williams one, 1922
- I Never See Maggie Alone, 1926
- April Showers, 1921
- I Can’t Give You Anything But Love, 1928
- Have A Little Dream on Me, Fats Waller! 1934
- Remember, Irving Berlin, 1925
- Honolulu, How Do You Do? 1932
- It’s a Sin to Tell a Lie, 1936
- Ukulele Moon, 1930
Want some more logistical details?
But what if I miss a workshop?
No worries! Each lesson is recorded, so if you’re unable to make it to one, there’s no stress. For as long as you are a member, you’ll be able to access all the workshops that have ever been held (since August 2023).
What’s the schedule?
We meet for an hour and a half on Zoom on these Tuesdays at 18:00 Berlin time (That’s 9am LA, Noon NYC)
February 13, 27
March 12, 26
April 9, 23
May 14, 28
June 4, 18
July 9, 23
If I ever need to reschedule, I’ll reach out via WhatsApp and find the best option.
You can cancel at any time! So you don’t need to be worried about committing to the workshops long-term. Try it out for a month, and if you’re not totally happy with them, you can stop your membership before the next automatic payment comes through.
Things you will need for the workshops:
- A computer with a webcam
- A good internet connection
- Your ukulele 😉
Still have questions? Contact me.
Get swinging! Sign up now.
Take your ukulele playing to the next level.
I’m so looking forward to seeing you in the workshops.